How Students are Taught
- You will start with a 30 min private sample lesson and consultation to assess what dances you will most benefit from and will be able to use. We choose this based on where you will be dancing and the type of music that you enjoy.
- The majority of students who come to an Arthur Murray Dance Centers are interested in becoming good social dancers and our medalist programs will help you achieve that goal.
- Your instructor will explain the Medal Standards that are taught and will plan a personalized dance program to fulfill your specific needs and desires.
- The Medalist Standards are Bronze, Silver, Gold and Gold Bar
- The degree of dancing you will achieve varies depending on your desire, goals, commitment and interest.
- Our instructors are carefully selected and thoroughly trained in the exclusive Arthur Murray teaching method, this assures you the finest instruction in dancing.
- You will have a regular dance teacher who will be responsible for your progress. Periodically, you will have exchange lessons with other teachers which will give you experience and practice in adapting to a variety of dance partners and dance styles.
- You will have a buddy teacher that shares the responsibility of reaching your goals.
- During your one on one private lesson, you will receive personalized instruction that will help you achieve your goals in dancing.
- Your instructor will spend the time necessary on technique, styling and general dance improvement.
- An up-to-date record of everything you have learned will also kept as part of your instruction.
- Group lessons give you the opportunity to dance with a variety of partners, develop good habits and meet other students in the studio.
- Your teacher will provide you a schedule of when the group classes occur. There are different level groups throughout the day.
- They do not need to be reserved in advance. This gives you flexibility in your scheduling. You may show up as your schedule permits.
- Group classes are perfect for the introduction of basic steps in new dances and repetition to help you gain confidence with dances you are already familiar with.
- You may be taught materials that your regular instructor hasn’t introduced to you yet, and materials that have been reviewed will be practiced for improvement.
- We hold scheduled parties(practice sessions) for all our students.
- These practice parties are held once a week.
- You will have fun dancing with the instructors and students in a relaxed and comfortable environment.
- This gives you the opportunity to practice and try out all the new dance skills that you’ve learned in your private and group lessons.
- An Arthur Murray Medal Ball is a gala dance event honoring students who “graduate” from one level of their dance program to the next.
- Medal Ball also affords students the opportunity to enjoy their dancing in a fun and elegant setting.
- A showcase is a one-day event where students present dance routines with personalized choreography.
- These routines make an excited addition to your Medalist Program because they allow you to develop showmanship and musical expression along with your social dance skills.
- A Dance-O-Rama (or Dance Sport Competition) is an exciting two or three-day event that brings students together from many Arthur Murray studios to compete, at their level, in dances of their choices.
- This requires specialized dance training to polish and perfect chorography, technique and style.
Get Your First Lesson for Free!
Discover the thrill of ballroom dancing for yourself! Become the dancer you always wanted to be.